Updated: 3 days ago
Fun Things to Do
(Community, School-Based, and Virtual Matches)
● Please inform parent or Big of any recent travel or potential contact with a COVID-exposed individual so everyone can make an informed decision that is best for themselves and their families.
● Contact us and let us know how you are staying connected for a chance to appear on our social media sites or website!
i. Send your mentoring specialist a picture of match activities.
ii. Let us know about any awards or accomplishments your Little has received or made.
iii. Create a Big and Little Tik Tok video and send to your mentoring specialist.
Community and School-Based + Activities
· Lunar Golf – Indoor glow-in-the-dark miniature golf at Midland Park Mall.
· Bush Tennis Center – Open to matches
Email: email@example.com with your name and note you are with Big Brothers Big Sister and she will get you a court.
· Market at the Gardens – Pop-up shopping event at Alldrege Gardens on Saturday, February 6th, 10am-2pm
· Merch Market – Pop-up shopping event where you can find vendors with Valentines and Super Bowl themed goodies.
§ Located at Perch, 2040 W. Cuthbert Ave
§ Saturday, February 6th, 10am-5pm
· Centennial Park and the Micro Market – Grab a bite to eat and take it picnic style at the park. The park features game tables, dog park, splash pad, and children’s nature play.
· Ellen Noel Art Museum
§ Black History Month Celebration: In the month of February, every Thursday at 6:30 pm, UTPB Arts department will feature a short video on African American artists followed by a community discussion.
§ February 4: Black is the Color – History of African American Artists
§ February 11: Betye Saar
§ February 18: Faith Ringgold and Kara Walker
§ February 25: Kehinde Wiley
§ ART 2 GO
§ Follow along online art program at https://www.noelartmuseum.org/art-2-go
§ Art kits are available for pick up at the Museum, 4909 E. University Blvd, Odessa, TX. Hours: Tues-Sun 12-5pm, Thurs 12-8pm.
§ Current Exhibitions: Betrothed 250 Years of Wedding Fashion
§ December 3rd – March 7th
· Nature Centers
§ I-20 Wildlife Preserve and Jenna Welch Nature Study Center located 2201 S. Midland Dr.
§ Sibley Nature Center located 1307 E Wadley Ave.
· Cinergy and Big Sky Drive-In - Currently playing The Croods: A New Age (PG)
· Midland Downtown Winter Farmers Market -Every Saturday, 9am to 12pm. 1705 W. Missouri Midland, TX
· Wicked Plants Exhibit – On display through May 2021 at the Centennial Library . A safe and hands-on experience with some of the world’s most diabolical botanicals. Visitors travel a Victorian era ramshackle home to learn about some of Mother Nature’s most appalling plant creations.
· Homework Help for Kids – Centennial Library. Elementary grade students will be able to receive assistance with their homework using Socratic questioning via Zoom. 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesdays via Zoom. Registration required: tinyurl.com/mcplhomehelp.
· Dome Shows at Blakemore Planetarium – Free admission for matches
Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays at various times, check website.
· Petroleum Museum – Located: 1500 Interstate 20 West
Cost: Students (K-College): $8, Adults: $12
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 2pm-5pm
· The Home Depot – Online activities for kids found at Activities for Kids - The Home Depot